As soon as you say the words “fast” or “fasting”, people run for the hills. The whole concept has gotten a bad wrap. Folks either assume you are trying to starve yourself to death or that you are some crazy punch-drinking religious zealot. If you are a skeptic (just as I was) I would like you to take a moment and open your mind to the grand possibilities of peace, happiness, balance, and abundance – all of these possibilities are attainable if you align your mind, body, and spirit. Going on a brief fast is one of the perfect ways to achieve this.
Fasting won’t get you that perfect job and it won’t connect you with your soul mate or make you filthy rich (I am not peddling that BS here). Fasting is simply one of the tools that you can use to align your mind, body, and spirit, setting you upon the right road towards your ideal life – toward your piece of happiness.
Some of the benefits of fasting:
- cleanse and detoxify the body from daily impurities
- weight loss (if done properly)
- provide a break for your digestive system (which is always hard at work)
- shed light on bad eating habits
- increased energy levels
- decrease those unhealthy cravings (the ones that we tend to abuse)
- improved immune system performance
- rejuvenation of the body, mind and spirit
- better sleep patterns
- clearer thought patterns and ability to concentrate
- Reduce the risk of certain diseases like diabetes and heart disease
- Reduce stress (a killer among us)
- extended life expectancy (I plan on confirming this in about 80 years)
Your mind will thank you, your body will love you, and your spirit will call you the very next day!