HAPPY NEW YEAR!
For me, the New Year is off to a very busy and eventful start.
According to the Chinese Horoscope – the year of the rabbit will bring with it extreme wealth earned, a heap of family oriented events and family responsibilities. Let’s not forget – a Super Bowl WIN for the Packers.
With the New Year hopping in, I decided to start it off with this delicious vegetarian Nacho recipe (my first recipe of the New Year). Hope you enjoy it!
NEW YEAR NACHOS
Corn chips (I like Garden of Eatin’ Tortilla Chips – made with NO GMO’s)
(3-4) Tomatoes (chopped)
1 ½ pck. Vegetarian Meat (I like Morningstar Farms® Griller Recipe Crumbles. However, I am no longer a fan of this product as this company uses GMO’s in almost all of their products. I can’t wait to find something better.)
Shredded Cheese (a three cheese mix is great)
(1-2) Jalapeño Peppers
4- 5 tbsp. Salsa
– Sauté ground meat until browned (see photo). Remove from heat.
– Cover a microwave/oven safe platter with one layer of your favorite corn chips.
– Top with your favorite cheese and place in the oven until cheese is melted – approx. 5 minutes in a 350° oven (watch carefully).
– Once cheese is melted, remove from the oven and cover with fresh chopped tomatoes & some of the veggie meat.
– Add a second layer of your favorite corn chips and top with fresh chopped tomatoes, remainder of the veggie meat, and jalapeño peppers. Complete the dish with a topping of cheese.
– Place in the oven until cheese is melted, remove, and serve; (approx. 5 minutes in a 350° oven) watch carefully.
(CAUTION: platter will be extremely hot).
TIP: Top with a light covering of HOT chunky salsa for an extra kick!